Go to top
Certificate for Occupational Safety ManagersTM (COSM)
As safety professionals move along in their career path they are in need of training designed for a high-level safety manager. Therefore, the COSS administration is developing the Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers™ (COSM) program.
The COSM program is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of five 8-hour sessions.
At this time, the COSM classes are only offered at the Baton Rouge, LA and Houston, TX training facilities. We plan to bring these classes to our location in the near future.
You must complete the following five classes to receive the COSM certificate.
- Essentials of Safety Management (12COSM1)
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success (12COSM2)
- Managing Risk & Safety Finance (12COSM3)
- Communicating the Safety Message (12COSM4)
- Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline (12COSM5)
In order to receive the final COSM certificate you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete all five sessions in a two-year time period (Only Baton Rouge, LA classes are offered as individual sessions. All other locations are in a one week format.)
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of 2 years of safety, health and environmental work experience